- Click on the molecule image on the left for the information on the featured system.
Information Related to NMR
Nobel Prizes awarded for developments that were key to NMR spectroscopy
- 1943: Otto Stern - "for his contribution to the development
of the molecular ray method and his discovery of the magnetic moment of the proton"
- 1944: Isidor Isaac Rabi - "for his resonance method for
recording the magnetic properties of atomic nuclei"
- 1952: Felix Bloch and Edward Mills Purcell - "for their
development of new methods for nuclear magnetic precision measurements and discoveries in connection therewith"
- 1991: Richard R. Ernst - "for his contributions to the
development of the methodology of high resolution nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy"
- 2002: Kurt Wüthrich - "for his development of nuclear
magnetic resonance spectroscopy for determining the three-dimensional structure of biological macromolecules in solution"
- 2003: Paul C. Lauterbur and Sir Peter Mansfield -
"for their discoveries concerning magnetic resonance imaging"